“Carrying your baby is a wonderful experience; carrying them properly is even better.”
This workshop teaches you how to carry your baby safely and comfortably with different babywearing techniques. Classes are available at the end of your pregnancy or after your baby is born.
Benefits of babywearing
- Establish a routine that works with your new family by introducing your baby into your daily life
- Help your baby to feel safe and secure and reduce crying
- Strengthen the parent-baby bond
- Support and stimulate your baby’s sensory, cognitive and motor development.
Classes are in French and delivered by certified instructors. They are available from 30 weeks pregnant or after your baby is born. Classes take place at our maternity unit in small groups of a maximum of three families. Partners are also welcome!
The workshop is made up of two sessions, the first session includes:
- theoretical learning: explore the benefits of babywearing for both you and your baby
- practical learning: your instructor will demonstrate knotting techniques that meet yours and your baby’s needs using a woven wrap.
The second session allows you to build on what you have already learned and practised at home. Your instructor will also introduce you to more knotting techniques.
Wraps are available throughout the workshop and your instructor will give you all the information you need to be able to buy one. You can also purchase a wrap during the workshop.
Times and price
The workshop includes two sessions over one month, each session is one hour 30 minutes.
- 100 CHF for two sessions.
- 150 CHF for two sessions and a book.
- 175 CHF for two sessions and a wrap.
- 210 CHF for two sessions, a wrap and a book.
To register, please contact the maternity unit:
+41 22 839 57 07
Please contact your health insurance provider for more information about cover for this class.
“Carrying your baby properly means greater freedom and intimacy”
‘L’art de porter bébé’ by Manuella Favreau, ASPB: Association Suisse de Portage des Bébés (Swiss babywearing association): www.aspb.ch
Learn how to carry your baby