Ayurveda is an ancient healing system from India. It is a whole-body massage technique that uses specific oils depending your dosha, the energy pattern that flows around your body. The different doshas correspond to your constitution or mind-body type, life force and mood at the time of the massage.
Benefits of Ayurvedic massage
- Nourish and protect the skin
- Soothe and energise the body
- Enhance well-being
- Boost the immune system
- Purify and detoxify the body
- Tone muscle tissue and strengthen joints
- Improve blood and lymphatic circulation
- Regenerate vital tissue and slow the process of ageing
- Manage certain digestive, physical, psychological and emotional problems during pregnancy.
Massages take place at our maternity unit by staff trained in Ayurvedic massage techniques and are available from four months pregnant until six weeks post-partum.
The session has two parts:
- a brief discussion at the start of the session to determine your constitution and tailor the oils used during your massage
- a one-hour massage.