Immediate postnatal osteopathy at our maternity unit
What is osteopathy?
Osteopathy is a manual medicine that focuses on relieving pain and tension in the joints, muscles, and spine. Osteopathy can be of great benefit to any age group. It is based on the principle that the body is a whole unit and that health and well-being depend on all parts of the body working smoothly together.
This complementary medicine focuses on the patient’s physical symptoms, lifestyle, habits and general health.
Osteopathy for your baby
Osteopathy is a gentle approach and therefore perfect for babies and young children.
It is recommended as therapy for newborn babies for:
- breastfeeding problems, such as:
- painful breasts or nipples
- low breast milk supply
- if your baby is restless or falling asleep while breastfeeding.
- functional problems, such as:
- sucking and swallowing problems
- sleep problems, crying and irritability.
- mechanical problems, such as:
- issues caused by a long and difficult labour
- postural problems
- flat head syndrome (plagiocephaly) or developmental hip dysplasia.
Osteopathy for you
Osteopathy is highly recommended for new mothers, especially after a difficult birth. Osteopathy sessions work on repairing the back, pelvis and organs in connection to foetal engagement and descent during labour.
Having a baby and all the new daily tasks involved can be hard on your body, regardless of whether you decide to breastfeed or bottle feed your baby. Your body is subjected to new demands, which can cause changes in your posture and lead to back and neck pain, among others. Osteopathy provides tailored care and advice.
Two independent osteopaths consult at Clinique Générale-Beaulieu every Monday and Thursday morning.
For more information and to register:
+41 22 839 57 07
Download the information brochure