These four antenatal sessions by Espace Naissance aim to prepare parents-to-be for the arrival of their baby.
Learn everything you need to know about pregnancy, birth and parenting alongside practical demonstrations and exercises.
Classes are available from 28 weeks pregnant and take place at our maternity unit in groups of a maximum of four couples in order to create an informal, intimate setting that is perfect for starting discussions and forming friendships. Both parents are welcome to attend.
Class 1: Your life and pregnancy
- Changes during pregnancy
- When should I go to the maternity unit?
- What should I pack in my hospital bag?
- Practical exercises: breathing, posture and positions, birthing balls, etc.
Class 2: Labour
- Dilation of the cervix
- Different stages of labour
- Pushing techniques
- Role of birth partner
- Managing contractions: massages, birthing ball exercises, acupressure, etc.
Class 3: Interventions during labour
- Caesarean section
- Assisted birth, also known as an instrumental delivery
- Induction of labour
- More practical exercises for the delivery suite using a birthing ball, etc.
Class 4: Your stay at our maternity unit and going home
- Feeding and caring for your new baby
- Bathing your baby and face care and umbilical cord care with advice on products
- Advice on how to prepare and create a space for your baby at home
- Advice on how to soothe and manage crying
- Breastfeeding, bottle feeding, mixed feeding techniques.
Classes are also available in English.