« Carrying your child is a wonderful experience, but carrying your child well, is even better. »
Why carry your baby?
- To find a family rhythm that includes your child in everyday life
- To offer your child a sense of security and reduce his/her distress
- To strengthen the parent/child bond
- To encourage and stimulate your child’s sensory, cognitive and motor development
What do the classes involve?
These classes are taught in French by certified instructors and participation is possible from birth. They take place in the Maternity Ward in small groups of up to 3 families. Fathers are also welcome to attend!
The course consists of two sessions. The first includes two parts:
- Theoretical – teaches the benefits of ‘baby-wearing’, for babies and parents
- Practical - the instructor teaches tying techniques with a woven scarf, in ways that respect your physiology and that of your baby.
After two weeks of training at home, the second session will allow you to review what you learned with your instructor. This session will also provide you with the opportunity to learn an additional tying technique.
Scarves are available during the class and your instructor will provide you with all the information needed to purchase a good scarf, which can also be bought during classes.
Hours and prices
The course consists of two 90 minute sessions, on Tuesday from 10:00 to 11:30 or from 17:00 to 18:30, scheduled two weeks apart.
- Fixed price: CHF 100 for 2 sessions
- Fixed price: CHF 150 for 2 sessions and a book
- Fixed price: CHF 175 for 2 sessions and scarf
- Fixed price: CHF 210 for 2 sessions, a scarf and a book
For registration, the maternity ward will welcome you by phone +41 22 839 57 07 (Monday to Friday from 9 am to 3 pm) or by e-mail email@example.com.
"A well carried baby, means more freedom and complicity."
L'art de porter bébé by Manuella Favreau (only in French), ASPB (Association suisse de portage des bébés) www.aspb.ch
Learn how to carry your baby